Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O prophet...“Say, I am a man like you”.. So the prophet was just a man like us ?  (Read 11567 times) Average Rating: 0
Kabir Das

« on: July 31, 2010, 12:02:14 PM »

Dear brothers..
when the Koran says to the prophet..“Say, I am a man like you”
Then why do you people argue that the Prophet was not a man like us..?
Aulia-e-hind.com
« on: July 31, 2010, 12:02:14 PM »

Talib-E-ILM
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 12:11:11 PM »

Aauzo Billaahi Minash Shaitaan Nir Rajim
Bismillaah Hir Rehman Nir Rahim ;  Allah - Beginning With The Name Of - The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.
Allahumma Salli Alaa Sayideena Muhammad Wa Alaa Aalihi Wa Sahbihi Wa Sallim.

So many times on the forum this has been answered..but we will answer it again not problems..u ask us 100 times we will answer 100 times..Insha Allah..

Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is a matchless personality whose reality only Allah
Ta'ala knows. We will never be able to comprehend what his true status and power is. However,
we must make sure that we never utter words, which to us might not seem insulting due to our
lack of understanding, but in reality would be an insult to Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi
Wasallam).

The Prophets generally presented themselves as ordinary men so that we may know how to live
our lives properly. If they simply acted on their knowledge without explaining anything (the way
Hazrat Khidr (Alaihis Salaam) did with Hazrat Moosa (Alaihis Salaam)), what would we have
learnt?

If Allah Ta'ala were to send an angel instead of a man, then the followers would have legitimate
reasons not to follow his example. They could claim that angels are made from divine light and
are immune from sins, and therefore using them as a role model is impossible. Hence, Allah
ensured that all Prophets and Messengers were men so the disbelievers would have no reason not
to follow them.

Some misguided people refer to the verse “Say, I am a man like you” to argue that Rasoolullah
(Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was simply “a man just like us”
. There is a paramount difference
between Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) saying it and others saying it. Firstly, by using
the command “say” it is hinted that in terms of expressing humility only you Oh Beloved Prophet
(Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) can call yourself human, no one else has the permission to call you
in this way.

For example, if a king says to his subjects that I am your servant, he does so out of
humility, but if one of his subjects tells him, “you are my servant”, the same words becomes an
insult and he becomes worthy of punishment in the court of the king. The same principle applies
to referring to Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) as a man. When the Holy Prophet
(Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) himself said that he is a man, then this is seen in a virtuous manner.
But if someone else calls him a man, it becomes a form of disrespect.

In order to have a Comfortable Journey of Life, Reduce the Luggage of Desires...
Aulia-e-hind.com
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 12:11:11 PM »

Talib-E-ILM
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 12:11:24 PM »

Allah Ta'ala states in the Holy Qur’an, “Make not the summoning of the Messenger amongst
yourselves, like one calls the other amongst you.” [Surah 24, Verse 63]
If Rasoolullah (Sallallahu
Alaihi Wasallam) was “just like us” then why did Almighty Allah prohibit us from summoning
him like how we summon each other?

Secondly, the whole verse has to be read to fully understand what is being said. Allah Ta’ala says,
“Say, I am a man like you, I receive revelation that your God is one God, then whosoever hopes to
meet his Lord, he should do noble deeds and associate not any one in the worship of his Lord.
[Surah 18, Verse 110]. Do we receive revelations? No! So how can Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi
Wasallam) be like us?

Once, Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) started to keep continuous fasts, where he did not
eat anything for days. When the companions found out they began to do the same, but due to not
eating or drinking at all they became extremely weak after a few days. When Rasoolullah
(Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) heard about this he forbade the Companions from keeping such fasts
and asked them, “Ayyukum Misli?” (Who amongst you is like me?) [Bukhari Shareef ]

From this we firstly learn that if the Sahaabah, who are the highest in status after the Ambiya,
cannot be like Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), how can anyone today claim that
Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is just like us, and is like our big brother? Ma’azallah!
Secondly, let alone being like him, we cannot even fathom the true reality of Rasoolullah
(Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). This is why Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) himself said,
“O Abu Bakr! Oath on He Who has sent me with the Truth, no one knows my reality besides
Allah.” [Mataali’ul Musarraat ]

Lastly, our beloved Rasool (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) proved in his perpetual fasting that he did
not have to eat to survive. But instead of him explaining to us all of the etiquettes of eating, he
simply ate himself and provided in this way a detailed, visual example for us to follow.
The Holy Qur’an says that the people of Hazrat Nuh (Alaihis Salaam) said to him, “We see you a
man like us” [Surah 11, Verse 27]. Obviously these people were not complementing but insulting
him and soon earned the wrath of Allah when the flood came

This tells us that to call a Prophet an ordinary human being is a root to infidelity and a step
towards misguidance. This was the very cause of Shaitaan going astray because he only looked at
Hazrat Adam (Alaihis Salaam) as an ordinary human being. It should be remembered that the
word 'Bashr' (human being) in respect of the Prophet has either been used by Almighty Allah, the
Prophets themselves or the infidels. Thus the one who now refers to Rasoolullah (Sallallahu
Alaihi Wasallam) as “a man like us” is definitely not Allah, nor is he a Prophet, so he must be an
infidel. [Tafseer Noorul Irfaan]

The disbeliever’s in the time of Hazrat Saaleh (Alaihis Salaam) remarked “You are indeed a man
like us” [Surah 26, Verse 154].
Another group of disbeliever’s remarked “He is not but a man like
you, he eats of what you eat, and drinks what you drink” [Surah 23, Verse 33]. This tells us that to
regard the Prophets as humans like us and to assess them on just their eating and drinking
without understanding their hidden mystical nature, has been the work of the infidels from
earliest times. Abu Jahl did not become a Companion, but Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddiq (Radiallahu
Ta'ala Anh) did. Although both looked at Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), Abu Jahl
looked at the human side of the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) while Hazrat Abu
Bakr Siddiq (Radiallahu Ta'ala Anh) saw the light enveloped under human form. [Tafseer Noorul
Irfaan]

It is important to understand that Allah Ta’ala speaks to His Beloveds the way He wants, and they
present themselves in His Court the way they want. Sinners like us have no right to speak about
the Prophets in the same way Allah Ta’ala speaks to them, just as how a person would not like his
children to speak to him in the same way he is spoken to by his elders.

We share our quality of humanity with the Prophets, but within that category, they and we are
worlds apart. Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is a human unlike any other human, just
like how a diamond is a stone unlike any other stone. Even though he said he is a human, he is
one of a kind, unmatched and unparalleled, just like how a diamond is a stone, yet its
characteristics place it in a league of its own.

May Allah Ta’ala grant us the Taufeeq to have true love and utmost respect for our Beloved
Master, Muhammad Mustafa Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam, Ameen.

In order to have a Comfortable Journey of Life, Reduce the Luggage of Desires...
Zaara Khan

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 12:35:17 PM »

Very nice reply given brother..
Chand ko ungli ke Ishaare se Todo fir kehna k Rasool  sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam hmaare jaise the...

Idiots are they who say that the prophets  sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam was a man like us...
shabbirbijli
ACE Member
Board Member

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 04:21:26 PM »

Very nicely explain & detail reply given by Janab : Imran Rahat Shaikh saheb

(From this we firstly learn that if the Sahaabah, who are the highest in status after the Ambiya,
cannot be like Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), how can anyone today claim that
Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is just like us, and is like our big brother? Ma’azallah!
Secondly, let alone being like him, we cannot even fathom the true reality of Rasoolullah
(Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). This is why Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) himself said,
“O Abu Bakr! Oath on He Who has sent me with the Truth, no one knows my reality besides
Allah.” [Mataali’ul Musarraat ])
 JaazakAllah Khair.

ISHQ-E-RASOOL(  Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him ) ) IS THE SOUL OF IMAN.
ISHQ-E-NABI HO TO IBADAT QUBUL HAI,
WARNA LAKH SAJDE KARO SAB FUZUL HAI
Shah Darvesh
ACE Member
Board Member

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 12:13:48 AM »

KYA KHOOB JAWAB DIA HAI............

SUBHANALLAH,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SUBHANALLAH,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SUBHANALLAH,,,,,,,,,,,,,

GAR BUG ZARI BAADE SABA,,,, RAUZA E BA SHAHAR E MUSTAFA
BARGO SALAAMI EE GADAA,,,,,BAR RAUZA E AAN MUJTABA
Shaik Muhammad

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 09:39:51 AM »

Yes, indeed true Quran says Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is a man like us with two eyes, two ears and all the other things....

but it is his deeds and superiority near Allah, his prayings, his willingness to do anything anything Allah ordered even when the whole world is opposite to him, his kindness, his piety, his bravery, his generosity, his precedence over other prophets on the day of resurrection on behalf of us to whom only Allah permits to intercede, his perfectness of character even when around him there is evil things existed even before he is chosen as prophet,his trustworthiness, his night prayers, his fastings, his pure intentions behind every work for the sake of allah, his love for his umma, his treatment with slaves,his treatment with wives, his simple life even when he is the king of whole arabia, his gratefulness towards Allah, his endless duas,his treatment with animals,trees,  his unmatchable personality, his mercy towards even enemies, his thankfulness, his thinking, his planning, his fear of Allah ....  that are different from us.....

can any human being like us can ever reach this type of perfectness in any one type of his qualities?
that's why even the first prophet of Allah wished to born in his ummah....
that's why even Allah and angels sends salam on our beloved prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)

yes, he indeed is a human...that's why I am proud that I am a human.....may be Allah also made to prostrate angels before a human because he knows that Muhammad Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) will born in these humans....

thanks to Allah that I am a human and I am a follower of Muhammad(Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)

Still can any body think that he is a man like us....Huh

Saari duniya ke saare log aapko apne fayde ke liye chahte hai...
Sirf ek Allah hai jo aapko aapke fayde ke liye chahta
arsh1226

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 12:13:14 PM »

THE BASIC LOGIC PEOPLE SHOULD UNDERSTAND ,..

CAN THEY BE EVER BECOME EQUAL TO THIER FATHER Huh?/

EVEN A PERSON BECOMES FATHER HIS FATHER BECOMES GRAND FATHER ,,,, TILL YOU DIE YOU CANNOT MATCH YOUR FATHER ,,,,

STOP COMPARING OR ARGUING ON HUZOOR E KAYINATH  ( SAW),,,,,,,

GHALTHI SAY BHI KUCH GHALATH SOAACH AGAYI   HUZOOR E KAYINATH  ( SAW) KAY MUKAAM KAY BHARAY MAI THO  APNAY IMAN SAY NIKHAL JOANGHAY ,,,,

EK SAJDA HOAN JHO KHUBUL HOJAYE , DEEDARAY MUSTAFA HOAN AUR MAUT AJAYE.
Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 12:33:08 PM »

Dear brothers..
when the Koran says to the prophet..“Say, I am a man like you”
Then why do you people argue that the Prophet was not a man like us..?

MashaAllah this question has been raised time and again by people who either do not understand how to understand Quran or wants to divide n deviate muslims from the real ISLAm.

Can u reply to this verse of Quran

[Ta-Ha 20:17] "And what is this in your right hand, O Moosa?"

Now what would U be saying that naudubillah Allah does know what Musa alaihis salam had in his right hand???

if U go by the literal meaning of Quran U r doomed n will go astray n in certain cases U may also move out from the fold of Islam. so plz. b careful before u interpretate any quranic verse.

Kaam woh ley lee jiye, tum ko jo raazi karey,
Theek ho naam e Raza, tum pey karoron durood

(Take that service from me that pleases you, May the name of Raza be well, a million blessings on you)
benazir

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 09:49:39 AM »

jjazakallaah imran bhai for such a detailed explanation. its very true whO PROPHET MUHAMMAD(sallallaho alaihi wa sallam) was no one in the world can say except ALLAAH SUBHAAN WA TA'AALA. may ALLAAH SUBHAAN WA TA'AALA guide the miguided ones and fill their hearts with love for RASOOL ALLAAH(sallallaho alaihi wa sallam). aameen
arsh1226

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 06:05:37 PM »

INNALAHI HO WOH MALAIYIKATU YA SALLU AN NABI YA HAYYU ALLAZINA AMUNA SALLU ALAIHI HOAN SALLU TASLIMA

]OH  YOU BELIVERS SEND DUROOD AND SALAM IN ABUDANCE , AS ALLAH  (ST) AND HIS ANGELS SEND DUROOD AND SALAM,,,,,

ALLAH (St) is mentioning in the Glorious Quran.ASK THIS PEOPLE WHO OUR HUZOOR E KAYINATH IS LIKE US (AUZBILLAH) DOES ALLAH SEND SALAM AND DUROOD TO EVERY ONE AND
WHEN ALLAH (ST) IS SEND ING DUROOD AND SALAM HE IS AN ORDINARY MAN?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

THIS PEOPLE ARE TEH MISGUIDED ONES WHO ARE BLIND LIKE THE NON MUSLIMS......................

EK SAJDA HOAN JHO KHUBUL HOJAYE , DEEDARAY MUSTAFA HOAN AUR MAUT AJAYE.
majidakberkhan

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 08:14:53 PM »

jazakallah
syedfayaz
ACE Member

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 07:12:11 PM »

JazakAllah khairen...

Ya-Allah
Yooun Dooboun Ishq-e-Nabi (Salallaho Aliwasollum) Me....
K Mujhe Apni Bhi na Khaber Mele...
sufiFDneyazi

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 08:59:17 PM »

the UNIVERSAL HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED IS NOOR-E-KHUDA i.e HOLY LIGHT OF the creator ALLAHHU & thus Universal holy Prophet Muhammed IS PRESENT IN FORM OF NOOR:ref AN-NOOR frm book quran
mash

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 09:07:33 PM »

Brilliant reply congratulations Br Imran, may ALLAH reward you abundantly for this act, as it is extremely critical to keep misconceptions out of Islam.

This explanation is so precise and clear, that I cannot imagine it any more clearer or complete.

Jazak Allah once again
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: