Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it gunnah to wish a non muslim in his/her festival...?  (Read 37308 times) Average Rating: 0
Soldier of Islam
Gem Of Forum

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2010, 03:07:09 PM »

IS IT GUNAH TO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS IN ISLAM?
Is it Gunaah to celebrate Christmas with Non Muslims.?
Both have the same meaning... One Sentence can be written in many ways....

Dear brother ghaws786 all your replies did not convince me
my answer remains the same
http://kgn786.com/forum/index.php/topic,19335.msg67634.html#msg67634

I would love to hear the reply for Rizwan bhai's last Question...

Aulia-e-hind.com
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2010, 03:07:09 PM »

ghaws786
ACE Member

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2010, 03:37:43 PM »

Reply for brother with ID: Soldier of Islam:

No brother statements DO NOT HAVE THE SAME MEANING

IS IT GUNAH TO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS WITH NON_MUSLIMS: means that a MUSLIMS WENT TO THEIR PLACE to celebrate christmas with them. Whereas

IS IT GUNAH TO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS IN ISLAM MEANS: IS it Allowed or NOT Allowed TO Celebrate MILAD OF ISA( Alayhis Salam) in ISLAM? Both Statements are different. One should be careful of the meaning. That's why I said; It's a tricky question.

Regarding your position on my arguments: Look brother, You are my brother in ISLAM. I can give you my point of view and can prove my statements whatever I wrote. I cannot enter in your mind and change your point of view. And it is on Allah(subhana Wa Taala) to give Hidayat to anyone. Who am I...NOTHING. I am still in my learning phase. I always pray to Allahpak to bless me with the power of knowledge to save me and my family; which is needed in the present difficult time of distress for Mulim Ummah.

If you are not convinced with my arguments and discussion.. then you are not at fault in any sense. I can only make dua for you. May Allahpak open up our hearts and shower HIS special blessings on all of us.

Wassalam,
Your brother in ISLAM
Aulia-e-hind.com
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2010, 03:37:43 PM »

mamqasmi
Gem Of Forum
Legendary Member

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2010, 03:58:12 PM »

Assalam-o-Alaikum !!! Wa Rehmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu Wa Maghfiratuhu,
Brother, where do you get your definitions from? Shirk tu loog asie use karte hai jese koi AK47 ho and shirk ki bullets fire karte jayo... and ye bi shirk wo bi shirk, har cheez shirk... I don't feel that to be appropiate. We should be very carefull in this.
Etymology (Christmass)
The word Christmas originated as a compound meaning "Christ's Mass".
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas
Christ: means Messiah (the anointed one) yanni Hazrat Isa Alaihay Salaam
Mass (liturgy): means Festival
& I think we all know what "Merry" means.

Plus so many christans religiously do not believe that Jesus is the son of God, but they have merry christmass as well....

So, I don't know how you derive the definition of "Allah ne bacha jana"? (Naauzuillah) -- from the word merry Christmass.

@ Admin
I think yo also need to add another selection in the vote option as
- Yes
- No
- I don't know
Becasue I think i have not yet reached any hard conclusion on this yet, but would love to see Tahir ul Qadri explain on this subject, as he has so much knowledge and he sure can explain it in the light of science. Tahir ul Qadri was was not doing a a merry christmas party it was an Interfaith dailouge event held on that day to invite Christans to islam to tell them how much we love Isa and to shed lights on the event and on Islamic teachings.

Cheers & Peace

Sister - Jazak Allah for ur comments

But please note k mainay LUGHWI MEANINGS likhay hain not EXACTLY MEANINGS of Merry Chirstmas likhay hain aur khud say nahen likhay hain kyun ka is naqis ul aql insaan main itni taqat nahen k aisa likh sakon balkay woh likha hay jo Ulama e Ahle Sunnat say suna hay is baray main.

Chunkay Islam main TAQWA (yani AHTIYAAT) ki bunyaad bhe maujood hay is liye baaz auqaat fitna angaizi phel jaati hay is liye khas tour pay Ulam e Haq ko is tarah ki sargarmiyun say bachna chahiye.

Ab yeh note  karlain k Ulama e Haq nay kyun is cheez say bachnay ka kaha hay
Chunkay CHRISTMAS ka Quran o Sunnat main hamain koyee suboot nahen milta aur na kabhe Huzoor Nabi e Kareem Sallallaho Alaihay Wasallam k daur say aaj tak kisi Muslim nay isko celebrate kia hay - Baat sirf itni hay sab jaantay hain k Allah Kareem nay hum Musalmanon ko kyun mana farmaya hay k YAHOOD O NASARA KO DOST NA BANAO (ya woh tumharay dost nahen hain) shayad yehi waja hay k unkay mamlaat Islam k mutabiq nahen hain unka aqida alag hay

Wikipedia pay bhe yehi likha hay k
Christmasor Christmas Day is a holiday observed mostly on December 25 to commemorate the birth of Jesus
That means k woh Hazrat Isa Alaihay Salaam ki wiladat ko ba qaida celebrate kar rahay hain apnay aqiday k mutabiq (HUM BHE CELEBRATE KAR SAKTAY HAIN JAISA K MAINAY PEHLAY BAYAN KIA HAY K WOH KAISAY...) aur unka aqida chunkay yeh hay k woh Hazrat Isa Alaihay Salaam ko Allah Kareem ka beta (SON) maantay hain (Na'aouzobillah) aur shayad no one is refused this fact. Hikmat unkay haan yeh hay k chunkay aapki wiladat bin baap k huwe thee

Yeh TAQWA hamesha say Buzurgan e Deen o Aulia Allah ka khaasa raha hay unki riazat o ibadat ka main markaz lehaza hamain bhe yehi chahiye k bachain jahan tak hosakay kisi fitna angaizi k honay say

And at last about Dr. Sahab - I am personally big follower of his Islamic information and lectures and I have too many books of him at home - plz read my personal views
http://kgn786.com/forum/index.php/topic,19716.msg67814.html#msg67814

Talib e Dua, Sag e Dargah e Aalia MASHORI SHARIF - Faqir Mohammed Atif Minhaj Qasmi Qadri
Rehana Raza Khan

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2010, 06:08:25 PM »

This is ridiculous- I DO NOT AGREE that Muslims can celebrate Christams at all.
Yes they can celebrate the Birth of Isa  Alaihis Salaam . or for that matter any prophet of Islam

But according to my knowledge Inviting or Visiting Christians and Inviting Media
and News does not have any room in ISLAM.
DesignJinni

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2010, 06:09:58 PM »

mamqasmi, I think you missed the whole point, I am not arguing if cleberating christmans is jayez or not, My argument was: Merry Christmass does not mean "Allah ne bacha jana"? (Naauzuillah) like you said in your post, and also I said not all the christans believe Jesus to be the son of God, and I know many christans who do not believe in such an idea. Hence you cannot paint all using the same brush. Mostly salfi ulemas try to impose this idea which every one know that is not right.

Its like, Christan ask you do you believe in Jesus, You will say yes, that will not mean that you believe of his whole idea of Jesus and what not and saying and agreing to a christan that yes i believe in Jesus will not be shirk either.

Regards,
Your Brother in Islam.

Your Brother in Islam
Kabir Das

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2010, 06:15:15 PM »

I dont know much about Islam but i guess wishing someone just for the sake of maintaining cordial relationship should not be a problem but what i want to know will it be OK if you invite non muslims to your home and actually celebrate Christmas there way.

can somebody please give me a list of other Islamic scholars who have done this?
or is it Dr. Tahir Sahab alone fighting this battle?
ghaws786
ACE Member

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2010, 07:14:14 PM »

Reply for Brother Kabir Das:

As-salamu-alaikum all,

Brother I have already answered your question in one of my previous posts. You may invite any non-muslim to your home on christmas or (Milad of Isa alahissalam) but whatever acts you do in the celebration should be in consonance with Islamic Law and Sharia. Since it is your home and they are a guests at your home; they would not do any act of their own and without your permission. Now it's up to you to decide which way you want to celebrate this event.

Regarding the list of scholars: As per my information; It's only Dr. Muhammad Tahir ul qadri Sb. who is fighting the battle and getting fruitful results for his Mission Minhaj ul Qur'an.

Wassalam,
Your Brother in Islam
Kabir Das

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2010, 12:18:02 AM »

Walikum Assalaam Wa Rehamtullahe Wa Barkathu.,
Brother this means that all other Islamic Scholars are wrong in NOT CELEBRATING Chirstmas and only Dr Tahir ul qadri sahab is Correct in CELEBRATING Christmas.

Secondly if my children call their Non Muslims Friends for celebrating Christmas
Do you think that his Non Muslim Friends will not call him again at his home to celebrate Christmas to pay back the favour.

And in such case if my Child drinks wine or eats pork then who will be responsible?
Will Dr Sahib take this responsibility..?

Wsslam,
Not a Muslim Yet but Trying to understand your religion.
Your Brother in HUMANITY.
Raziya Warsi

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2010, 12:24:41 AM »

yeh hokya gya hai muslamaanon ko Kisi ko mangalsutra pehnna hai kisi ko christmas banaana hai ...
apne din ko abhi tak samjhe nai hai aur dusron k deen ko apnaane chale hain..

kya koi ek nya firka bnaa rahe hain aaj k yeh naye ulema?

Celebrating Non Muslim festival whether at their home or in your home is STRICTLY prohibited in ISLAM.
Shifa Chishty

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2010, 12:51:39 AM »

after reading so many post on this topic.
I have realised that the whole focus has been shifted.

What i understand is that Wishing a Non Muslim is different thing and celebrating it with non muslims is a seperate thing..

The orignal question which started this discussion was Is wishing allowed.
So my answer would be Yes it is Allowed.

But If you ask me is Celebrating with them is allowed.
My Answer would be NO its not allowed.
If you want to celebrate the Birth of Hazrat Isa.  (Alaihis Salaam)  then calmly Do Khatmul Quran, Fast Pray and offer Salah.
No need to call these Naapaak people at your home...

I want to know is their any SILSILA like QADRIA, CHISHTIA, MADAARI, REHMAANI, SULTAANI
any silsila anywhere in the world which is celebrating Christmas or Birth of ISA  Alaihis Salaam .

huma

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2010, 06:56:48 AM »

Well, I am sure most of these replies are fro men well within their '30s and for Allah's sake show more courage and heart in such matters. Let us remind ourselves that we live in a world ruled by technology without which this discussion may not be possible. This technology and its development has been a necessity for the West in the place of faith. I am sure  u will not deny that  some of them are also  moslems ( insha allah) in the making. Are we not part of this technology world, is that a gunah or crime to work in a place of non-moslems?
When we work and share time with non-moslems how much time has gone in directly or indirectly conveying the message of the prophet ?, Professionalism in any corporate unit does not alllow such practices. Can we then as moslems choose to isolate ourselves form the rest of the society because they do everything we do not like.
Mohabbat se kaam nipatna hoga... mera bolne ka matlab, every adult u see at work is not an adult in religion. He/she is not mature to understand the pure essence of the Prophets ( sallalaho alaihe wa sallam). Our reason to reject their religion is jayaz and justified by our faith in Islam, but if we are serious about making  islam understandable to a non-moslem who is ur friend, you cannot reject his moments of happiness while accepting his other moments. It is nowhere human. Insaaniyat se, agar kaam karna , then we have act with pure afffection and fath.
It is not necessary that I must adopt one single method of action for everyone.., if I am a true moslem and since it is a sufi forum, I have to add also a sufi, u have to try different medicines/ cures for different persons. We must have the capacity to develop that intelligence to know who amongst the non-moslems are true idol worshippers and who are not and accordingly choose to participate or not participate. Only if u are there with them can something happen to them, if the moslems leave them as friends, then what is the future of these non-moslems, and what answer will u give Allah subhanu ta'ala on the day of judgement ?" I was too busy thinking what was right and wrong about wishing or not-wishing Eid-mubarak to non-moslems'"?  A true moslem is like a doctor who has faith in his practice above other things and not like a politician who understands no faith except in opportunity..
Please accept my apologies if I have said anything that hurt anyone's sentiments.. that was not my intention.
mushfique

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2010, 09:03:19 AM »

after reading so many post on this topic.
I have realised that the whole focus has been shifted.

What i understand is that Wishing a Non Muslim is different thing and celebrating it with non muslims is a seperate thing..

The orignal question which started this discussion was Is wishing allowed.
So my answer would be Yes it is Allowed.

But If you ask me is Celebrating with them is allowed.
My Answer would be NO its not allowed.
If you want to celebrate the Birth of Hazrat Isa.  (Alaihis Salaam)  then calmly Do Khatmul Quran, Fast Pray and offer Salah.
No need to call these Naapaak people at your home...

I want to know is their any SILSILA like QADRIA, CHISHTIA, MADAARI, REHMAANI, SULTAANI
any silsila anywhere in the world which is celebrating Christmas or Birth of ISA  Alaihis Salaam .

Sister Shifa,
Very well said that the two topics are different. No muslim will ever say that we have to celebrate the non muslim’s festival or he is celebrating it.

There are many non mulsims who visits the Darghas on these special occasions of theirs and they ask for their needs at the darghas. Do we also mean to say that the Buzurgs must also ignore them and say that it is their day so why to pray for them on this special occasion? They are wrong etc etc….

I see many people asking here questions like “Did Khwaja Saheb ever celebrated this and that” I ask you to see and check how non muslims believe in Ajmer sharif and how they visit Ajmer sharif and ask for their needs on their festivals and they get fulfilled.

If blessing someone on the day his festival is been celebrated, is wrong then all the gates of Darghas of Auliya Allah must be closed on these days.

We muslims must abstain from calling or labelling our brother muslims as Sinner, Kaafir or mushrik as Allah knows better everyone’s intention and he will judge everyone according to their intention.

Wais eek Fatwa share karna chahta hun Darul Ifta Ahle Sunnat Karachi ka jismein Mufti saheb ne Kaha hai ke non muslim ko rasmi talukat ke binah per mubarakbaad dena gunah hai kufr nahi aur agar kaafiron ke kisi din ko baa azmat jaanke uski Mubarak baadi detahai to aisa shaks kaafir hai.

Mushfique

Agar Gaiti Sarasar Bad Girad, Chiragh-e-Chishtiyan Hargiz Namirad.
mushfique

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2010, 09:12:12 AM »

Admin se Guzarish hai ke unhone jo polling rakha hai usmein topic galat likha hai.
Admin ne likha hai topic :   Is it Gunaah to celebrate Christmas with Non Muslims.?
Jubke asli topic hai:            Is it gunnah to wish a non muslim in his/her festival...?

Ye agar janbujhke kiya jaa raha hai to fir no excuse aur agar galti se to admin ne kuch karna chahiye.
Mushfique

Agar Gaiti Sarasar Bad Girad, Chiragh-e-Chishtiyan Hargiz Namirad.
ghaws786
ACE Member

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2010, 09:41:41 AM »

Reply for Brother Kabir Das:

As-salamu-alaikum brother and everyone reading this post.

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for your research on Islam. Secondly, you raised two very important issues.

1. You mentioned that "this means that other Islamic scholars are wrong in NOT CELEBRATING christmas and only Dr. Tahir ul Qadri Sb. is correct in Celebrating Christmas?"

Reasoning: I would say other scholars do not commit any sin by NOT CELEBRATING Christmas; but Dr. Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri is correct in his action.

Dr. Tahir ul Qadri based his action on Qur'an, hadees and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (Sallaho Alayhi Wassalam). If any scholar wants to Issue Fatwa against his action. MOST WELCOME. He should be prepared to PROVE IT.

In my previous posts, I left no stone untouched to Prove my point of view from Qur'an, AHadees and Sunnah of our beloved prophet Muhammad(Sallao Alayhi Wassalam).

With due respect for everyone, I would say,NO-ONE in this whole forum was able to justify their point of view from Qur'an, Ahadees and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad(sallaho Alayhi Wassalam).. Most of them just say it's SHIRK. They are not able to justify WHY IT IS SHIRK? Which category of Shirk is it and Why is it unacceptable? There should be a reasoning for every action in ISLAM and every action is based on the law of Sharia.

I am still open for discussion on anything which I mentioned in any of my post. If you Prove this act Wrong through Qur'an Ahadees and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (Sallao Alayhi Wassalam); then Believe me I would change my point of view also.

Why other scholars do not celebrate--May be they cannot justify their action through Qur'an or Sunnah. And that's why they are scared to do it. This can be one of the reasons.

Secondly you asked me:

Do you think that your child's Non Muslim Friends will not call him again at his home to celebrate Christmas to pay back the favor.

And in such case if my Child drinks wine or eats pork then who will be responsible?
Will Dr Sahib take this responsibility..?

Reasoning: Brother Can your child drinks wine or eat pork ONLY at Christmas party? Don't YOU THINK He can do this action with his friends on ANY OTHER DAY OF THE YEAR say NEW YEAR PARTY? What Fatwa Will you give then.. and WHO IS RESPONSIBLE THEN? Will you go and guard your child everywhere he or she go and Whatever he or she does in the whole year?

I don't understand WHY everyone wants to discuss ONLY BAD actions with Christmas? If your child Does ZIkr, Azkar, Salatul- Tasbeeh, or Tahajjud at night; will you hold DR. Sb. Responsible for that? I think NOT AT ALL. You would definitely feel proud that you taught your child the right things.. and that's why he is doing these activities.

So, if you Take the responsibility of his Good Actions.. why are you not ready to take responsibility of his bad actions? Why don't you teach him which act is good/ Which is Bad? Please Stop blaming others for your actions; or your child's actions. Your child is not brought up at Dr. sb. home. You are responsible to inculcate good values in your child. And this is the responsibility of the parents to teach what is good/ What is bad? Who to make friend/ Who not? What to do and What not to do?

So just think for a while.. If we start conducting the celebrations of Milad of Isa( Alayhis Salam) in our ways as we do hold the festivities of Milad of Prophet Muhammad(Sallaho Alayhi Wassalam) then with the passage of time, there will be no Christmas at all for christens; it will only be Milad of our second Mightest Messanger of Islam. We will not be terrified of drinking or parties on this festival and we will be able to justify to our childern also. Everything will be streamlined as per Qur'an Hadees and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad( Sallaho Alayhi Wassalam)

Wassalam,
Your brother in Islam
ghaws786
ACE Member

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2010, 10:05:22 AM »

Question for Brother with ID msmqasmi:

As-salamu-alaikum all,

Brother you mentioned that:

But please note k mainay LUGHWI MEANINGS likhay hain not EXACTLY MEANINGS of Merry Chirstmas likhay hain aur khud say nahen likhay hain

I want to know the reference of the book of Lughad from which you get this meaning? Please quote. I need to verify.

Wassalam,
Your brother in Islam
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: