Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it gunnah to wish a non muslim in his/her festival...?  (Read 37038 times) Average Rating: 0
s.syed
ACE Member

« on: October 25, 2010, 10:26:27 AM »

Assalam Alaikum,
        To wish a non muslim in his/her  festival is that ki you are comitting sin/gunnah ?I had heard about it on media ?exactly did not hear the full detail ie logic ?If it is so can plz tell why is it ?
Aulia-e-hind.com
« on: October 25, 2010, 10:26:27 AM »

rahul_619

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 02:59:36 PM »

Walaikum as salaam brother,

I will post a few hadith on this topic hope that will help answer u r question and I will also give my personal opinion

The Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said: "Whoever imitates a nation is but one of them." [Abu Daawood]

Anas, may Allaah be pleased with him, reported: "The Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, came to Madeenah while they had two days they celebrated. The Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, asked, "What are these two days?" They said, 'These are two days we used to celebrate in our pre Islamic era. The Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said: "Allaah has replaced them with two better days: 'Eed Al-Adh-Haa and 'Eed Al- Fitr." A person came to the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, and said: "I have taken a vow to sacrifice a camel at Buwaanah.” The Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, asked: “Did the place contain any idol worshipped in Jaahiliyyah (pre-Islamic times)?” They (the people) said: “No.” He asked: “Was any pre-Islamic festival observed there?” They replied: “No.” The Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said: “Fulfil your vow, for a vow to do an act of disobedience to Allaah must not be fulfilled, neither must one do something over which a human being has no control."

and my personal opinion is that we can wish them as long as the festival is nothing wrong like mother`s day father`s day labour day etc etc but maybe if they would invite me 2 a feast of another religion maybe I would go but not do anything harram or kufar then Insha Allah they might ask me y i m not doin it then maybe i will try to make them understand y i cannot and hope maybe they will understand to maybe

Hope I answered u r question
Aulia-e-hind.com
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 02:59:36 PM »

Talib-E-ILM
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 03:09:48 PM »

Brother this is a very tricky questions as different scholars hold different views some are of the opinion that one can wish and some say you cannot wish..

In such Tricky Situations i listen to my commonsense and judge myself and follow a very Famous Quranic Ayaat and Hadees which says

Every Person will be judged according to his Intentions (Niyat).

If my real intention is just to maintain cordial relationships with my colleagues and friends then i don't have to worry as I would be judged by my intention
and to maintain peaceful relationship with friends and colleagues is a sunnah of our prophet  sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam

If there is Nothing against the sharia and nothing which involves shirk I dont mind wishing my colleagues to maintain peaceful and cordial relations.
But if it goes against the sharia then i avoid it..

If you wanna know what Tahirul Qadri has to say and do visit this video...
Tahir-Ul-Qadri Barelwi Celebrating Christmas reply

In order to have a Comfortable Journey of Life, Reduce the Luggage of Desires...
rahul_619

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 03:13:44 PM »

gud reply brother
arsh1226

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 03:21:47 PM »

Assalamalaikum,,

As mentioned by Imran bhai ,Hazrath  Tahirul Qadri saheb( qibla huzoor) himself promotes of wishing the non muslims TO PROMOTE ISLAM IN A RIGHT MANNER AS WE ALL KNOW HOW ISLAM IS HIGH JACKED BY GEW.

ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE AND THE SUNNAH IS ALWAYS TO PROMOTE PEACE .

Every Person will be judged by his Intentions (Niyat) VERY TRUE .

MUSIC IS HARAM ,AND THEIR ARE SO MANY WORDS WHICH LEADS TO SHIRK,PEOPLE ARE LEAST BOTHERED ABOUT THAT ,

BUT WHEN IT COMES TO PROMOTING PEACE PEOPLE PASS FATWAS.

ALLAH HAFIZ

EK SAJDA HOAN JHO KHUBUL HOJAYE , DEEDARAY MUSTAFA HOAN AUR MAUT AJAYE.
Soldier of Islam
Gem Of Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 03:30:33 PM »

Before you jump to any conclusion..

There is another side of the coin also brother..
If u wish Merry Christmas to anyone you should know what merry christmas means..

Christians celebrate Christmas bcoz they Belive that Jesus was born on that day and Jesus  Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him  is son of GOD...
If you are wishing them on this Day means you are also Believing in what they Beleive
(Tat is Jesus ws born on 25th DECEMBER and He was the SON OF GOD)  - Beliving this is HARAAM it is SHIRK.

or If you are NOT believing then you are Supporting their Belief which again is HARAAM.

Tell your christian friends that instead of celebrating on 25th Dec celebrate it on 10 Dec..will they agree they will say NO.
Bcoz its their BELIEF.

But if you dont know what Christmas stands for and if you wish then you can be excused
But if you know exactly what it means and then if you wish its HARAAM..

My View is that To maintain cordial relationships there are many other ways..
To Reach and Do something GOOD You dont need to ADOPT ways that are wrong..

Altaf Sultani
Ba Tufel-e-Sayed Akhtar Shafiq Sultani Subhani
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 03:55:57 PM »

walaikum asssalaam bro,

its not a sin..........

Allah Almighty says: (Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity. It is only as regards those who fought against you on account of religion, and have driven you out of your homes, and helped to drive you out, that Allah forbids you to befriend them. And whosoever will befriend them, then such are the wrong-doers.) (Al-Mumtahinah 60: 8-9)

From the above verses its clear that v shoud deal with peace with non muslims who interact and deal with muslims in peace.......and vice versa

Farid Kaale mainde kaprey, kaala mainda wais,
Gunahan Bharehan mai pheraan, Lok kahe dervesh
Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 09:32:23 AM »

4 Imran Rahat Shaikh n other members

Tahirul Qadri is not a hujjat in islam, so posting videos of Tahirul qadri serves no purpose, infact a large no. of ulema has termed Tahirul Qadri as ''GUMRAH''

Coming back to the point if u praise or utter such words in front of a non muslim in the way that that particular non muslim or 4 that matter any non muslim feels/considers his/her religion to be a good one , THIS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED IN ISLAM.

Kaam woh ley lee jiye, tum ko jo raazi karey,
Theek ho naam e Raza, tum pey karoron durood

(Take that service from me that pleases you, May the name of Raza be well, a million blessings on you)
mamqasmi
Gem Of Forum
Legendary Member

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 11:09:21 AM »

Brother Rizwan, bilkul aap nay sahih farmaya magar yeh zaroori to nahen k unko wish karnay k liye aap unki taqreebaat main shamil hoon aur cake bhe katain - jab k aapko pata hay k woh cake MARRY CHRISTMAS k naam pay hay (aur MARRY CHRISTMAS kehna bhe shirk hay lehaza iska cake katna wala khud yeh dekh lay k woh kia kar raha hay) Ulama e Kiram ko to khaas tor pay is nazuk aur pur fitan daur main is baat ka khaas khayal karna chahiye k kahen hamaray is amal say logon ko ungli uthanay k mauqa nahen mil jaye.

Brother - Islam main TAQWA ki bunyaad isi waja say hay baaz cheezain insaan ko burayee ki taraf nahen lay jateen magar beherhaal un cheezon say bach kar aap Allah Kareem k nazdeek qubool tar hojatay hain.

Non Muslims ko agar koyee wish karna chahta hay to zaroor wish karay by sms - letter - card but bilkul aisay jaisa aap nay apni post main likha k SHARAYEE mamlaat k samnay rakh kar k koyee cheez aisi na hojaye k jis say TAJDEED E IMAAN O TAJDEED E NIKAH ki zarorat pesh ajaye.

Talib e Dua, Sag e Dargah e Aalia MASHORI SHARIF - Faqir Mohammed Atif Minhaj Qasmi Qadri
Talib-E-ILM
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 11:18:57 AM »

Brother Rizwan, bilkul aap nay sahih farmaya magar yeh zaroori to nahen k unko wish karnay k liye aap unki taqreebaat main shamil hoon aur cake bhe katain - jab k aapko pata hay k woh cake MARRY CHRISTMAS k naam pay hay (aur MARRY CHRISTMAS kehna bhe shirk hay lehaza iska cake katna wala khud yeh dekh lay k woh kia kar raha hay) Ulama e Kiram ko to khaas tor pay is nazuk aur pur fitan daur main is baat ka khaas khayal karna chahiye k kahen hamaray is amal say logon ko ungli uthanay k mauqa nahen mil jaye.

Brother - Islam main TAQWA ki bunyaad isi waja say hay baaz cheezain insaan ko burayee ki taraf nahen lay jateen magar beherhaal un cheezon say bach kar aap Allah Kareem k nazdeek qubool tar hojatay hain.

Non Muslims ko agar koyee wish karna chahta hay to zaroor wish karay by sms - letter - card but bilkul aisay jaisa aap nay apni post main likha k SHARAYEE mamlaat k samnay rakh kar k koyee cheez aisi na hojaye k jis say TAJDEED E IMAAN O TAJDEED E NIKAH ki zarorat pesh ajaye.

Agreed...

In order to have a Comfortable Journey of Life, Reduce the Luggage of Desires...
arsh1226

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 01:35:28 PM »

Tahirul Qadri is not a hujjat in islam, so posting videos of Tahirul qadri serves no purpose, infact a large no. of ulema has termed Tahirul Qadri as ''GUMRAH''

Coming back to the point if u praise or utter such words in front of a non muslim in the way that that particular non muslim or 4 that matter any non muslim feels/considers his/her religion to be a good one , THIS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED IN ISLAM.

People who consider shakul islam Dr.Tahirul Qadri(saheb)  as''GUMRAH'' are themselves .''GUMRAH'',,,

as far as the Hujjat ul islam ,stop it brother , its yours words or someonelse but its sound arrogant.

Before posting any comments on shakyul islam Dr.Tahirul Qadri(saheb) make sure you understand what message he delivers and how qualified he is.

mamqasmi
Gem Of Forum
Legendary Member

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 02:08:35 PM »

Brothers actually we are discussing matter here not Dr. Tahir ul Qadri Sahab

But I wanna share something about him -

Dr. Tahir ul Qadri Sahab Damat Barkatuhumul Aalia is a true Sunni and Aashiq e Rasool Sallallaho Alaihay Wasallam and the follower in Qadri Silsila - Kuch unkay baray main Ulama e Ahle Sunnat ka ikhtilaaf zaroor hay but unki khidmat e deen ko sab honour kartay hain - And please note k Ulama e Kiram (talking for only Ahle Sunnat) ka aapas main ikhtilaf ummat k liye buhut zaroori hay jis say maslon ka hal nikalta hay -

Dr. Sahab khidmat e deen k hawalay say buhut kaam kar rahay hain aur abhe jo unki ahadees ki kitabain market main aayeen hain uskay liye woh taqreeban tamam dunya main ghoom kar ahadees ka khazana jama karnay main kaamyaab huwe hain aur hazrat ki kitabon main khaas baat yeh hay k mustanad ahadees k hawalay diye hotay hain jo k aajkal bad mazhab logon say baat karnay k liye buhut zaroori hain

Beherhaal what we can do is ---------- k achchi aur mustanad baat jahan say milay wahan say get karkay faida uthao kyun k ilm kisi ki meeraas nahen - jin baton main Ulama e Haq ka un say ikhtilaf hay bus unsay bachain

Talib e Dua, Sag e Dargah e Aalia MASHORI SHARIF - Faqir Mohammed Atif Minhaj Qasmi Qadri
Kabir Das

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 02:17:16 PM »

Beherhaal what we can do is ---------- k achchi aur mustanad baat jahan say milay wahan say get karkay faida uthao kyun k ilm kisi ki meeraas nahen - jin baton main Ulama e Haq ka un say ikhtilaf hay bus unsay bachain

Very Well said..
arsh1226

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 02:41:18 PM »

Brothers actually we are discussing matter here not Dr. Tahir ul Qadri Sahab

But I wanna share something about him -

Dr. Tahir ul Qadri Sahab Damat Barkatuhumul Aalia is a true Sunni and Aashiq e Rasool Sallallaho Alaihay Wasallam and the follower in Qadri Silsila - Kuch unkay baray main Ulama e Ahle Sunnat ka ikhtilaaf zaroor hay but unki khidmat e deen ko sab honour kartay hain - And please note k Ulama e Kiram (talking for only Ahle Sunnat) ka aapas main ikhtilaf ummat k liye buhut zaroori hay jis say maslon ka hal nikalta hay -

Dr. Sahab khidmat e deen k hawalay say buhut kaam kar rahay hain aur abhe jo unki ahadees ki kitabain market main aayeen hain uskay liye woh taqreeban tamam dunya main ghoom kar ahadees ka khazana jama karnay main kaamyaab huwe hain aur hazrat ki kitabon main khaas baat yeh hay k mustanad ahadees k hawalay diye hotay hain jo k aajkal bad mazhab logon say baat karnay k liye buhut zaroori hain

well said bhai,,,,lets not criticize any alim,,,lets keep quite if we dont agree or understand the matter.

Ajmal Siddiquie

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 02:50:27 PM »

Coming back to the point if u praise or utter such words in front of a non muslim in the way that that particular non muslim or 4 that matter any non muslim feels/considers his/her religion to be a good one , THIS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED IN ISLAM

This is exactly True also I agree with Soldier of Islam saying that....

My View is that To maintain cordial relationships there are many other ways..
To Reach and Do something GOOD You dont need to ADOPT ways that are wrong..

Chori ke Paison se Khairaat nai kee Jaati..

Kisi bhi achi cheez ko karne k liye Galat Tareeqe apnaaye nahi jaasakte...

Aur Tahir ul Qadri sahab k jazbon ki bhi ham qadr karte hain magr koi baatein jo hame hazam nai hotin usko chod dena chaiyen..

Baaqi hame is behans me nai padna chaiye...aur Atif bhai ne badi achi baat kahi hai jisse pta chalta hai k wo kitne Danishmand aur Akalmand insaan hain...

k achchi aur mustanad baat jahan say milay wahan say get karkay faida uthao kyun k ilm kisi ki meeraas nahen - jin baton main Ulama e Haq ka un say ikhtilaf hay bus unsay bachain

I remember a hadees where Rasool Allah  sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam had said agar Ilm haasil karne k liye Cheen tak bhi jaana pde to jaao...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: