Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sayyida Nafisa she was born in Makkah on the same Night that PROPHET was born  (Read 8967 times) Average Rating: 0
monu.mohsin
« on: December 02, 2010, 12:20:04 PM »

Rare Lady Saint of the Egpytians

Sayyida Nafisa was born in Makkah on the 11th of Rabi`a al-Awwal, the same night that the Prophet (s) was born, in the year 145 H. Her father had been appointed governor of Madinat al-Munawwara in the year 150 H. She accompanied her father to Madina at the tender age of five. There she memorized the entire Qur`an and studied Islamic jurisprudence in depth. Being extremely intelligent she also became adept in explaining the Qur`an despite her young age.

She was the daughter of al-Hasan al-Anwar ( Alaihis Salaam , the son of Zaid al-Ablaj ( Alaihis Salaam ), son of al-Imam al-Hasan (Radhiallahu ta'ala anhu), brother of al-Imam al-Husayn (r), son of the Daughter of the Prophet (s) Sayyida Fatimat al-Zahra (Radhiallahu ta'ala anha). She is from the family of the Prophet  (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam) about which Allah said in the Holy Qur`an “Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying.” [33: 33]

Young Nafisa frequented the grave of her grandfather the Prophet  (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam) (mulazamat qabri jaddiha al-Mustafa). The People of Madina loved her deeply. She became renowned for her abstemiousness (zuhd) and piety (taqwa), for fasting the day, spending the nights in prayer and for her excessive devotion to worshipping Allah  Subhana Wa Taala .

Sayyida Nafisa
had many titles by which she was known among the people, derived from her many different miracles (karamat ). She is known as Nafisat al-`ilmi wal-ma`rifat, (the Rare Lady of Knowledge and Gnosis) because of what she achieved and accumulated from knowledge of the Family of the Holy Prophet (s). She is called Nafisat al-Tahira, the Rare Lady of Purity, and Nafisat al-`Abida, the Rare Worshipful Lady, and Nafisat al-Darayn, the “Rare one among ladies in this life and the next”, and Sahibat al-Karamat, “the Lady of Miracles”, and Sayyidat Ahl al-Fatwa, “the Leading Lady in deriving rulings and verdicts”, and Umm al-Awaajiz, “the Mother of Elderly Women”, and Nafisat al-Masriyyin, “the Rare Lady of the Egyptians”, because of the Egyptian people’s intense love for her and her love for them, and her being their recourse for their every problem - collectively and individually.

Sayyida Nafisa used to pray the five prayers regularly behind her father in Masjid an-Nabawi  (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam) from the age of six. Her father used to take her by the hand and enter inside the room of the Raudha of the beloved Prophet  (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam), which is the house of Sayyida `Ayesha (Radhiallahu taala anha). He would address the Prophet  (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam) directly saying: "Ya Rasullullah!, O Beloved Prophet of Allah! I am pleased with my daughter Nafisa!" He continued these visits repeatedly until one day the Prophet (s) appeared to him in a dream saying to him, “Ya Hasan, I am pleased with your daughter Nafisa, because you are pleased with her, and Allah is pleased with her because I am pleased with her."

[Light of Ahl al-Bayt: My Spiritual Experiences Unveiled]
by Imam Metawalli ash-Sha`rawi
Aulia-e-hind.com
« on: December 02, 2010, 12:20:04 PM »

ATTARI
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 02:47:51 PM »

Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rehamtullahe Wa Barkathu.
JAZAK ALLAHU KHAIR

Aulia-e-hind.com
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 02:47:51 PM »

monu.mohsin
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 04:57:28 PM »

I will post more abt sayyida nafisa  Alaihis Salaam  ... But I want everybody to know abt her who is also called the  mother of ummah and member of Ahle Bayt...
Aadil Naqshbandi Owaisiah
ACE Member

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 08:35:57 PM »

Jazakallah Brother.
Nazneen
ACE Member
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 04:48:15 AM »

Walikum Assalaam Wa Rehamtullahe Wa Barkathu...

He continued these visits repeatedly until one day the Prophet (s) appeared to him in a dream saying to him, “Ya Hasan, I am pleased with your daughter Nafisa, because you are pleased with her, and Allah is pleased with her because I am pleased with her."

Subhan Allah.....

I will post more abt sayyida nafisa  Alaihis Salaam  ... But I want everybody to know abt her who is also called the  mother of ummah and member of Ahle Bayt...

Ji bhai plz keep posting.......

Na Gora Rang Husn Ki Alaamat Hai Aur Na
Kaala Rang Badsoorti Ki Nishaani....
Kafan safed Ho Kar Bhi Khauf Ki Alaamat hai,,
Aur KAABA Kaalay Ghilaf Mein Bhi Aankhon Ki
Thandak hai..
Fiza
Gem Of Forum
Board Member

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 07:30:38 AM »

Going back memory lane Sayyida Nafisa dug her grave with her own hands inside her home she used to pray all her supererogatory prayers inside that grave and she also completed the Holy Quran while sitting in her grave six thousand times. Sayyida Nafisa also prayed salat al-janaza for Imam ash-Shafii following Imam al-Buwaiti who lead the prayer. I can never stop reading about her...Subhan ALLAH an inspiration for all us womens...Thanks Bro Mohsin to post brillant info about her...wud luv to read more

Hasbi Allahu wa ne'mal wakil,Wa`alamu anna feekum Rasul Allah Sallallahu Taala Alaihi Waalihi Wa Sallam
Sana
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 12:18:25 PM »

thanks for sharing

TU Agr Mujhe Nawaze To Tera Karam Hai Mere MALIK Warna
TERI Rehmaton K Qabil Meri Bandagi na
Talib-E-ILM
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 08:18:16 PM »

thankx for sharing brother dint knew about such a pious soul..
jazkallah khayr for your efforts

In order to have a Comfortable Journey of Life, Reduce the Luggage of Desires...
shabbirbijli
ACE Member
Board Member

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 08:25:26 PM »

JazakAllah Khair.

ISHQ-E-RASOOL(  Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him ) ) IS THE SOUL OF IMAN.
ISHQ-E-NABI HO TO IBADAT QUBUL HAI,
WARNA LAKH SAJDE KARO SAB FUZUL HAI
huma

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 03:08:29 AM »

Walaikum salaam, lovely introduction to   Sayyida Nafisa. Jazakallah!, just tell me this brother, this virtue of fasting so regularly, is it a privilege of such women or is a possibility for all women ?
rahul_619

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 08:21:16 AM »

very nice share
monu.mohsin
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 09:13:25 AM »

Huma sister, sorry for replyin u late...ANSWER:  Well I can say both...Those who r longing for the love of Allah, have to go thru all these tests.... As u knw when Musa Alaihissalam wished to see Allah  Subhana Wa Taala , Allah  Subhana Wa Taala  said Musa ( Alaihis Salaam ) to fast for 40 days in order to see him.... Fasting was mandatory for Musa ( Alaihis Salaam ) to please Allah( Subhana wa taaala)... This is an intimation for those who wished to Love him  Subhana Wa Taala .... Thats why all awliyas fast all their lives in order to aquire proximity towards their beloved......
Noorjahan

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 09:21:25 PM »

jazakallah for sharing such a nice post
Shah Darvesh
ACE Member
Board Member

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 10:44:26 PM »

VRY NICE SHARI BHAI.............../

GAR BUG ZARI BAADE SABA,,,, RAUZA E BA SHAHAR E MUSTAFA
BARGO SALAAMI EE GADAA,,,,,BAR RAUZA E AAN MUJTABA
sufiFDneyazi

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 07:36:32 PM »

Rare Lady Saint of the Egpytians

Sayyida Nafisa was born in Makkah on the 11th of Rabi`a al-Awwal, the same night that the Prophet (s) was born, in the year 145 H. Her father had been appointed governor of Madinat al-Munawwara in the year 150 H. She accompanied her father to Madina at the tender age of five. There she memorized the entire Qur`an and studied Islamic jurisprudence in depth. Being extremely intelligent she also became adept in explaining the Qur`an despite her young age.

She was the daughter of al-Hasan al-Anwar ( Alaihis Salaam , the son of Zaid al-Ablaj ( Alaihis Salaam ), son of al-Imam al-Hasan (Radhiallahu ta'ala anhu), brother of al-Imam al-Husayn (r), son of the Daughter of the Prophet (s) Sayyida Fatimat al-Zahra (Radhiallahu ta'ala anha). She is from the family of the Prophet  (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam) about which Allah said in the Holy Qur`an “Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying.” [33: 33]

Young Nafisa frequented the grave of her grandfather the Prophet  (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam) (mulazamat qabri jaddiha al-Mustafa). The People of Madina loved her deeply. She became renowned for her abstemiousness (zuhd) and piety (taqwa), for fasting the day, spending the nights in prayer and for her excessive devotion to worshipping Allah  Subhana Wa Taala .

Sayyida Nafisa
had many titles by which she was known among the people, derived from her many different miracles (karamat ). She is known as Nafisat al-`ilmi wal-ma`rifat, (the Rare Lady of Knowledge and Gnosis) because of what she achieved and accumulated from knowledge of the Family of the Holy Prophet (s). She is called Nafisat al-Tahira, the Rare Lady of Purity, and Nafisat al-`Abida, the Rare Worshipful Lady, and Nafisat al-Darayn, the “Rare one among ladies in this life and the next”, and Sahibat al-Karamat, “the Lady of Miracles”, and Sayyidat Ahl al-Fatwa, “the Leading Lady in deriving rulings and verdicts”, and Umm al-Awaajiz, “the Mother of Elderly Women”, and Nafisat al-Masriyyin, “the Rare Lady of the Egyptians”, because of the Egyptian people’s intense love for her and her love for them, and her being their recourse for their every problem - collectively and individually.

Sayyida Nafisa used to pray the five prayers regularly behind her father in Masjid an-Nabawi  (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam) from the age of six. Her father used to take her by the hand and enter inside the room of the Raudha of the beloved Prophet  (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam), which is the house of Sayyida `Ayesha (Radhiallahu taala anha). He would address the Prophet  (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam) directly saying: "Ya Rasullullah!, O Beloved Prophet of Allah! I am pleased with my daughter Nafisa!" He continued these visits repeatedly until one day the Prophet (s) appeared to him in a dream saying to him, “Ya Hasan, I am pleased with your daughter Nafisa, because you are pleased with her, and Allah is pleased with her because I am pleased with her."

[Light of Ahl al-Bayt: My Spiritual Experiences Unveiled]
by Imam Metawalli ash-Sha`rawi

very nice share
Sal lall la hu alaikh Ya Muhammed;
greetings & best wishes frm a humble messenger of Sufism to the topic writer,
info is useful
Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: