Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miracles of Sayyida Nafisa ( Alaihis Salaam )  (Read 3672 times) Average Rating: 0
monu.mohsin
« on: December 07, 2010, 09:39:29 AM »

Aauzo Billaahi Minash Shaitaan Nir Rajim
Bismillaah Hir Rehman Nir Rahim ;  Allah - Beginning With The Name Of - The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.
Allahumma Salli Alaa Sayideena Muhammad Wa Alaa Aalihi Wa Sahbihi Wa Sallim.

The Nile fails to flood

In the year 201 H. (816 CE) the Nile failed to flood, as is its normal annual custom. People went to Sayyida Nafisa asking her to pray that Allah cause the Nile to flood, for without the usual flood no crops would grow. Sayyida Nafisa gave them her face veil telling them, “throw that in the Nile and by Allah's grace it will flood.” They took her burqa and threw it in the Nile. Immediately the river began to rise and overflow its banks.

[One should note here this is a miracle extremely similar to the incident of the shirt of Sayiddina Yusuf ( Alaihis Salaam ), which when cast on the face of his father Ya`qub ( Alaihis Salaam ), was the cause for his sight to be restored by Allah's Will. Again, such incidents clarify the true meaning of tawassul and shafa`a (intercession) by means of objects related to pure, pious individuals.]

A Prisoner Set Free

One of Sayyida Nafisa's miracles relates to a Muslim man married to a Christian woman. They had a son. When he grew up he began to travel. While traveling in a country far from home he was captured and held prisoner. After hearing of his capture, his mother used to frequent the church, praying that her son be released and returned to them. Years passed but he was not released. One day she told her husband, "I heard that there is a saintly woman Nafisa bint al-Hasan al-Anwar whose prayers are always answered. Since you are Muslim go and ask her to pray for the return of our son." He went and asked Sayyida Nafisa for her du`a.

Late that night they heard a knock at the door. Waking and wondering who it could be they went and opened the door. To their astonishment they found their son standing there. They asked him, "How did you come here?" He said, "Tonight I was sitting there in prison, in chains. Suddenly I felt a spiritual presence, and I heard a voice saying, 'Free him! Nafisa bint al-Hasan interceded for him.'  Suddenly  I found myself standing here at the door of our house." That day his mother went to visit Sayyida Nafisa, thanking her for saving her son, then accepting Islam at her hand.

More than 150 miracles were recorded by historians as appearing from Sayyida Nafisa. Imam Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani wrote about them.

The story is related that when Sayyida Nafisa arrived in Egypt and settled in her home, there was a non-Muslim family living beside her, whose daughter was paralyzed from the waist down. One day the girl’s mother brought her to Sayyida Nafisa to watch while she went shopping. She left her daughter in one corner of Sayyida Nafisa's house. Sayyida Nafisa began making ablution and water from her ablution flowed towards the girl. As the water touched the body of the girl, she experienced something strange. She began to take the water from Sayyida Nafisa’s ablution and rub it on her paralyzed feet and legs. Suddenly by Allah's  Subhana Wa Taala  Mercy, the paralysis disappeared completely and she was able to stand.

Meanwhile Sayyida Nafisa was busy in prayer. The girl stood up and seeing her mother just returning from the market, ran to meet her to tell her what had happened. Her mother cried with joy declaring, "That woman is truly holy and her religion is the truth." She came in, hugged Sayyida Nafisa, thanked her for healing her daughter and asked her to pray that she be guided from darkness to light. Sayyida Nafisa then taught her to recite the shahada.

When the father of the girl returned home that evening, whose name was Ayyub Abu Surraya, and saw his daughter cured, he was overjoyed. He asked his wife about what happened and she told him the whole story. He raised his head heavenwards saying, "O Allah! You guide whom You like and I now know that Islam is the true religion, completing what we believe in." He went to the home of Sayyida Nafisa. Speaking to her from behind a veil he said, "I believe in your religion, and I accept it.  I testify that there is none to worship except Allah and that your grandfather Muhammad is the Prophet of Allah." That miracle was the cause for the entire tribe of Sayyida Nafisa's neighbors to enter Islam.

Miracles after her death

The miracles after Sayyida Nafisa’s death are too numerous to mention. Once thieves entered her  Masjid in 683 H. and stole sixteen silver lamps. As the thieves tried to escape they discovered there was no longer a door. They were trapped inside until morning, when the caretaker arrived, opened the door and found the thieves with the lamps.

Recently in 1940, fifty years ago, a similar occurrence took place. A person, well-known in the area, entered the  Masjid of Sayyida Nafisa and hid himself. When everyone had left that person stole a beautiful Kashmiri shawl, a gift from the King of Kashmir to Sayyida Zainab. When he tried to escape he could not find the door. He was kept prisoner until morning, when the people found him and took him to the police.

It is related in history that Abul `Izz al-Yamani said, "I was very well-known in my community, rich in my family, owning many farms. I was proud of myself and arrogant. Then I came down with a sickness that caused me to lose my sight and I fell into great difficulties. I spent most of my wealth seeking a cure, but alas doctors were unable to help me. They told me I would be blind for the rest of my life. Finally I sought out Sayyida Nafisa's help. While waiting to see her I fell asleep. I saw a dream in which Sayyida Nafisa visited me and put something in my eyes. When I awoke my sight had been fully restored."
Aulia-e-hind.com
« on: December 07, 2010, 09:39:29 AM »

Sana
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 11:26:19 AM »

wonderful sharing
bhai Syeda Nafisa ka mazaar shareef kahan hai?

TU Agr Mujhe Nawaze To Tera Karam Hai Mere MALIK Warna
TERI Rehmaton K Qabil Meri Bandagi na
Aulia-e-hind.com
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 11:26:19 AM »

Talib-E-ILM
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 12:46:52 PM »

wonderful share brother awesome

In order to have a Comfortable Journey of Life, Reduce the Luggage of Desires...
rahul_619

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 08:18:32 AM »

nice share
Noorjahan

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 06:03:23 AM »

subhanallah
Shah Darvesh
ACE Member
Board Member

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 10:41:52 PM »

SubhanAllah....../

GAR BUG ZARI BAADE SABA,,,, RAUZA E BA SHAHAR E MUSTAFA
BARGO SALAAMI EE GADAA,,,,,BAR RAUZA E AAN MUJTABA
s.syed
ACE Member

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 05:40:54 PM »

subhanallah....!
mash

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 07:38:46 PM »

ASA Sis Sana

Her Mazar Sharif is in Egypt near Cairo..

JA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: