Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who was Abu lahab n Abu jahal??  (Read 4121 times) Average Rating: 0
Mumtaz

« on: July 29, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »

ASK brothers n sisters I just read about a line for Abu lahab's wife n her bad behaviour towards our beloved prophet Muhammad mustafa sallallahu ta'ala aaliwasallam.I want to knw about Abu lahab n her wife n also about Abu jahal.who were these people n what happened to them?
Pls reply..AH.
Aulia-e-hind.com
« on: July 29, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »

mamqasmi
Gem Of Forum
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »

ABU LAHAB is the PATERNAL UNCLE of PROPHET MOHAMMED SALLALLAHO ALAIHAY WASALLAM. He is one of the enemies of Islam at Muhammad's time, condemned by name in the Qur'an in sura Al-Masadd. His full name was Abd-al-Uzza, but he was called Abu Lahab because his cheeks were always red or inflamed. His wife was Umm Jamil, who gave him two sons, Utbah ibn Abu Lahab and Utaybah bin ABU LAHAB.

The SURA OF ABI LAHAB

Due to his hostility towards Islam, Muslims believe that Allah had sent down a sura, Al-Masadd (The Palm Fiber, Flame). Its English translation by Sahih International.

In the name of God, the most compassionate, the most merciful

Perish the two hands of Abu Lahab, and perish he,
His wealth will not avail him or that which he gained,
He will [enter to] burn in a Fire of [blazing] flame,
His wife [as well] - the carrier of firewood (thorns of Sadan which she used to put on the way of the Prophet).
Around her neck is a rope of twisted fiber (masadd).

Muhammad was protected somewhat by the influence of his family, but even he was subjected to such abuse; while he was praying near the Kaaba, Abu Lahab threw the entrails of a sacrificed goat over him.

UMM E JAMIL BINT E HARB was the wife of Abu Lahab, an enemy of Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihay Wasallam and the sister of Abu Sufyan. According to some, her full name was "'Arwaa' bint Harb bin Ummayyah". She is mentioned in Sura 111 of the Quran. It is said that one day she went to the Ka'aba where Abu Bakr and Muhammad were praying. She did not see Muhammad and addressed Abu Bakr saying:

I hear that Muhammad (Sallallaho Alaihay Wasallam) is satirizing me. If I find him I will smash him. We reject the reprobate. His words we repudiate; His religion, we loathe and hate.

ABU JAHAL, his name is Amr bin Hisham, was the most bitter enemy of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. ABU JAHAL belonged to Quraish, the umbrella tribe to which Prophet's clan (Bani Hashim) belong. As many other people in the Jahiliyya (The Era of ignorance before Islam), ABU JAHAL was a polytheist worshiping idols. Prophet Muhammad used to supplicate to God that one of the two Omars would revert to Islam. It was Hazrat Omar bin Al-Khattab Razi Allaho Anho who reverted, while ABU JAHAL insisted on paganism and enmity to the new religion. Some stories suggest that ABU JAHAL was allied by Iblis (Satan) himself in his war against Islam.

ABU JAHAL was killed in the great battle of Badr near Meddina, having proven to be an equal in aggression and vice to the Pharaoh of Egypt. ABU JAHAL was fatally wounded in the Battle of Badr by Hazrat Muaaz ibn Amr Razi Allaho Anho and Hazrat Ma'ooz ibn Amr Razi Allaho Anho, and was finally killed by Hazrat Abdullah ibn Mas'ud Razi Allaho Anho

Talib e Dua, Sag e Dargah e Aalia MASHORI SHARIF - Faqir Mohammed Atif Minhaj Qasmi Qadri
Aulia-e-hind.com
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »

Mumtaz

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »

Thanks alot for dis information.May Allah bless u.Ameen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: