Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SUFISM –A MULTIVITAMIN?  (Read 163 times) Average Rating: 0
KGNRESHMA

« on: September 02, 2017, 01:19:39 PM »

Dear Brothers & Sisters Salaams,

Bismillah al rahman al rahim!

SUFISM –A MULTIVITAMIN?

1.   On this auspicious occasion of “EID U ADHA” I begin my first Post with Salutations to my Pir O Murshid “Khwaja Ghareeb Nawaz”. I venture in this Islamic Forum with mixed thoughts & a nervous heart. My religion happens to be different than many of the readers sharing this space however the Love for my “Pir O Murshid” being strong & sincere, I come to this Forum to learn & also to write some things that I seem to have grasped in short span of 6 months.
2.   Sufism -a multivitamin to be taken at all time for all ages by all people irrespective of religion or caste? YES INDEED this is only but the Truth”HAQQ”.
3.   I oft wonder what is that which draws one to this Mystic Sufi Path? It’s nothing but Love, empathy & forgiveness that Sufi saints exhibit to their devotees since time immemorial.
4.   The foundation of Sufism is based on Islam however this path attracts people from various religion, caste & creed, men & women alike. Why? Because the foundation of Sufism is based on love. And love sees no religion.
5.   My motherland is a land of spirituality, an abode of saints Hindus & Muslims, Sikhs & Christians alike. Little wonder then, that the Prophet “Mohammed” [( (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam)) peace be upon him] sent his angel “Khawaja Ghareeb Nawaz” The patron of the Poor to this beautiful land “India”.
6.   While one visits any Dargah of a Sufi shrine one can observe flock of people from various class,creed,sect praying, finding solace, finding contentment ,finding hope, Sufi Shrine is  an abode of resolution of problems, a palace where king & pauper both are treated alike, a place yet to witness a “VIP Entry Only” board.
7.   A palace where Dua/Prayers are done not only for self but for unknown souls too. Unknown souls who ask one another while having met in the Dargah premises for less than a minute earlier. It’s said “Collective Prayers” are heard & answered i.e. In case one devotee’s prayers are answered so also in a lot the prayers of each one present in the premises are answered in the same instant. This is the wonder of Sufism/Islam, the effect of Multivitamin, Sufism?
8.   Sufism teaches many things viz “Love one & all including friends & Foes, Feed the hungry, listen to the aggravated, detach from worldly pleasures, and treat everyone alike, like the sun spreading sunshine equality to all w/o any discrimination, generosity like a flowing river, forgiveness akin to the quality of the Prophet Mohammed ( (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam)) PEACE BE UPON HIM.
9.   The fragrance of roses, the aroma of Attar (perfume) the wailing of devotees, the pleading of the affected, the evenings of Sama, indeed the multivitamin capsule found in Dargah & above all the beauty of the Beloved makes this humble pray……

Khwajaji, the world’s but a Mirage,
Most mortals painted for Camouflage!
In the hour of Grief & Joy,
Dwell in the heart of the lover who’s so coy.
For your one glance I shall Travel,
Am so weary of the world’s Cavil.
When every other thing seems to be in dark,
Take my hand & create in this soul some spark.
Khwajaji, the world’s but a Mirage,
Most mortals painted for Camouflage!

10.   Trying in vain to make a 10 pointer writeup “WHEREVER I SEE,HOWEVER FAR I SEE,I SEE ONLY HIM, for in my Beloved I SEE HIM”[10=1+0=unity] Smiley
Kind Note:-I am open to corrections if any, for my knowledge in Sufism is limited pls. Huh

LOVE ALL HATE NONE!
Aulia-e-hind.com
« on: September 02, 2017, 01:19:39 PM »

Abu Hafsat

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 02:41:48 AM »

As-Salaam alaikum,
 We welcome Sister Kgnreshma to the Forum, and further to her post above, I wish to inform her and other Brothers and Sisters that as Sheikh Haatim Asamm observed, may Allah be Merciful to him, there are 6 principles that guide Sufis in their lives.. ie they  observe, they put into practice 6 principles in daily life as follows:--

"The Kitaab of Allah [Holy Qur'an], the Sunnah of Rasulullah, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, Halal Food,
    Abstention from Inconveniencing others even if they inconvenience them, Remaining far from
    prohibitions and making haste in fulfilling the Rights of all and everything."

If you like, you may look at all of the above just as Imam Nawawi (d. 676), may Allah be Merciful to him, put it in his book title: 'WORSHIP AND THE FOUNDATIONS OF SELF-PURIFICATION'... that the specifications of the Way of the Sufis are 5, namely:--

"To keep the Presence of Allah in your heart in public and in private;
   To follow the Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam) by actions and speech;
   To keep away from people and from asking them;
   To be happy with what Allah gave you, even if it is less;
   To always refer your matters to Allah [Tabaraka Wa Ta'ala ]".

Aulia-e-hind.com
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 02:41:48 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: