Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Purify Things?  (Read 1059 times) Average Rating: 0
Hassan Imam

« on: March 05, 2010, 09:16:44 PM »

How to Purify Things?

The Scholars agreed that purification from impurities is performed by using water based on a verse from Quran (Surah 25 (Al-Furqan), Verse 48) what can be translated as, “… And We send down pure cleansing water from the sky”, and on another verse (Surah 8( Al-Anfal), Verse 11) what can be translated as, “… and He sends down on you from the sky water to purify you with it…”

And the Scholars agreed that purification from urine and excrement is performed by wiping with paper, stones or any similar pure material based on many authentic narration of sayings and actions of the Prophet ( (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam)), like an authentic Hadithreported by Imam Abu Da’ud and An Nasa’I, “If any of you goes to relieve himself, let him take three stones with him to clean himself, as it is enough for him.”

It is also allowed to use water for purification from urine and excrement based on an authentic Hadith reported by Imam Bukhari and Muslim that Anass Bin Malik narrated: “Whenever Allah’s Messenger ( (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam)) went to answer the call of nature, I along with another boy used to accompany him with a tumbler full of water for him to clean himself with.”

1.      Purifying the body and clothes: This is performed by washing them with water until they are cleansed of the impurities. This is especially the case where the impurity is visible, such as the menstrual blood. If there are some stains that remain after washing which would be difficult to remove, they can be overlooked based on an authentic Hadith reported by Imam Abu Da’ud and Baihaqi that a woman came to the Prophet ( (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam)) and said “O Messenger of Allah, I don’t have but one outfit and I have my monthly period when I am wearing it, and sometimes I see blood on it. What should I do?” The Prophet ( (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam)) replied: “After the menstrual cycle is over, wash the blood stained area and then you can pray with it.” The woman said “O Messenger of Allah, what if the blood traces don’t come out?” He replied: “It suffices for you to clean it with water, and the traces of blood will not harm you.” If the impurity is not visible, such as urine, it is sufficient to wash it once.

2.      Purifying the clothes from the male infant’s urine: This is performed by sprinkling water on it. The urine of a female infant needs to be washed. This is based on an authentic Hadith reported by Imam Bukhari, Abu Da’ud and An-Nasa’i that the Prophet ( (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam)) said, “The urine of a baby girl should be washed off and the urine of a baby boy should be sprinkled (with water)”. This opinion is adopted by the scholars except by Imam Malik.

3.      Purifying the hem of a woman’s clothes from what may touch it of the impurity on the ground: This is performed by touching the pure ground after it. Based on an authentic Hadith reported by Imam Abu Da’ud, At-Termithi and Ibn Majah that a woman asked Um Salamah (the Prophet’s wife) “I am a woman who makes my clothes extra long and I may walk on impure places.” Um Salamah replied that the Prophet ( (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam)) said “touching pure ground after it will purify it.”

4.      Purifying the bottom of shoes: This is performed by rubbing them against the ground as long as the remains of the impurity (Najassah) are removed. Based on an authentic Hadith reported by Imam Abu Da’ud that the Prophet Muhammad ( (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam)) said: “If any of you step on impurities (Najassah) with his shoes, rubbing them against the soil will purify it.” This opinion has been adopted by the scholars except by Imam Ash-Shafe’e who requires that they should be washed with water.

5.      Purifying the ground:
(a)   By pouring water over it: Based on the Hadith reported by Imam Bukhari and Muslim that a Bedouin came and urinated in the Masjid of the Prophet Muhammad ( (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam)), and he said to them: “Leave him alone and pour a bucket of water over his urine. You have been sent to make things easy and not to make them hard.” This opinion has been adopted by the scholars except by Imam Abu Hanifah who requires that in case the ground is solid, it needs to be dug and the impure soil removed.

(b)  Drying of the ground is its purification if the impurity is gone: Based on aHadith reported by Imam Bukhari that Ibn Umar said that  “dogs used to urinate in the  Masjid of the Prophet Muhammad ( (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam)) during his time and his companions did not pour any water on it (i.e. let it dry by itself).” This opinion has been adopted by the Hanafi Madh-hab contrary to the majority.

6.      Purifying the utensils if they were touched by a dog’s saliva:  This is performed by washing them seven times with water, the first mixed with soil. This is based on an authentic Hadith reported by Imam Muslim: “Tahour to purify by cleaning utensils belonging to one of you. If it has been licked by a dog, wash it seven times, using soil at the first time.”

7.      Purifying mirrors and similar objects (as knives, glass and other smooth surfaces that have no pores): This is performed by wiping them and removing any impure remains.

8.      Purifying ghee (cooking butter) and other similar substances: This is performed by taking out the impurity and what is around it. Based on an authenticHadith reported by Imam Bukhari that the Messenger of Allah ( (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam)) was asked regarding ghee in which a mouse had fallen. He said: “Take out the mouse and throw away the ghee around it and use the rest”. As for a liquid substance, there is some difference of opinion. The majority of scholars are of the opinion that the entire liquid becomes impure. Imam Az-Zuhri, Al-Auza’i and Al-Bukhari and some companions of the Prophet ( (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam)) like Ibn-Abbas and Ibn-Mas’ud say it is pure.

9.      Purifying the skin of a dead animal (not slaughtered according to the Islamic law): This is performed by tanning. Based on an authentic Hadithreported by Imam Muslim that the Prophet Muhammad ( (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam)) said: “When the skin is tanned it becomes purified.” This opinion has been adopted by Hanafi and Shafe’e Madh-habs and not by Maliki and Hanbali Madh-habs. Imam Ash-Shawkani supports and adopts the opinion of Ath-Thahiriah Madh-hab that tanning purifies all kinds of animal skin, including dogs and pigs, because the authentic ahadith do not differentiate between these two kinds of animals and others. It is obvious that if an animal is permissible to eat and is slaughtered according to the Islamic law, then it is already pure.

MUJAHID Woh Hai Jo Apne NAFS Se JIHAD Kare!
Aulia-e-hind.com
« on: March 05, 2010, 09:16:44 PM »

ATTARI
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 03:31:40 PM »

Subhan Allah...AZZAWAJAL very nice sharing....

Aulia-e-hind.com
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 03:31:40 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: